CCIA 2020 – 23rd International Conference of the Catalan Association of Artificial Intelligence
FIRST CALL FOR PAPERS
October 21-23, 2020
Campus del Rectorat, University of Lleida
Lleida, Catalonia (Spain)
Web Page: http://ccia2020.udl.cat
We invite you to participate in the 23rd International Conference of the Catalan Association for Artificial Intelligence (CCIA 2020) that will take place on 21-23rd October 2020 at the University of Lleida.
The organizing committee is pleased to include social events that will allow to know the roots of our university created 700 years ago through a gastronomic experience, as well as a visit to one of the most amazing collections of contemporary art at the Fundació Sorigué.
The main goal of this international conference is to foster discussion around the last advances in Artificial Intelligence.
We encourage you to contribute with finished works as well as preliminary works with promising original and innovative ideas.
CCIA is the usual meeting point of the Catalan AI scientific community, this is why the conference official languages are Catalan, Spanish, French, Italian and English.
However, English must be used to be published in the conference proceedings.
* Cognitive Modelling and Cognitive Systems
* Knowledge Representation and Ontologies
* Logic, Reasoning and Fuzzy Logic
* Agents and Multi-agent Systems
* Virtual Agents
* Machine Learning and Case-based Reasoning
* Artificial Neural Networks and Evolutionary Systems
* Fusion/Aggregation of Information
* Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery from Databases / Data Science
* Planning, Optimization, Satisfiability and Constraints
* Artificial Vision and Image Processing / Perception
* Human-Machine Communication and Natural Language Processing
* Recommender Systems, Text Mining, and Semantic Web
* AI Applications
* AI Problem Solving
* Real Time AI
* Ethics in AI
* Abstract submission deadline: May 4, 2020
* Full article submission deadline: May 11, 2020
* Author notification: June 29, 2020
* Camera-ready deadline: July 13, 2020
* Early registration deadline: July 13, 2020
* Conference dates: October 21-23, 2020
We invite you to submit papers reflecting both finished works as well as works in progress, containing original and promising ideas.
We welcome the following types of submissions:
– Short papers (2-4 pages)
– Long papers (8-10 pages)
Long submitted papers will be peer-reviewed based on technical quality, relation to the topics of the conference, originality, relevance, significance, and clarity.
Short papers will be evaluated for their significance considering them as ongoing work description. Note that all submissions must be original.
Short accepted papers will be presented as posters, mainly.
Paper submissions must meet the following guidelines:
– Papers must be written in English language to be published in the proceedings.
– Papers must be submitted in PDF format following the IOSPress guidelines. Detailed instructions, templates and style sheets for manuscript preparation are available to download here:
– Papers should not include page numbers.
– All papers must have an Abstract and a list of keywords.
Papers should be submitted through the EasyChair platform at
Accepted long and short papers will be published at the conference proceedings book in the collection “Frontiers in Artificial Intelligence and Applications” of IOS Press.
Camera-ready versions of accepted papers should follow in the same IOSPress format guidelines.
We are working to have some special issues of indexed journal for submitting extended versions of the best conference papers (more information coming soon).
After receiving the notification of acceptance, ACIA member students who will attend the conference can apply for grants funded by Associació Catalana d’Intel·ligència Artificial.
Further information to be found at
General Chair: Aïda Valls (URV)
Local Organization Chairs: Teresa Alsinet and Cèsar Fernández (UdL)
Scientific Programme Chair: Mateu Villaret (UdG)